Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm Still Here

I am still sober.  I haven't written for a few weeks, but I wanted you to know...I haven't fallen off the map.  Work, home life, "me time", family troubles...it's a tightrope sometimes, a balancing act.

I have passed on my disease to my child, and have been concerned with his well-being.  I am glad that I am in a position to be present and supportive of him.  I thank God for that.  

I also thank God for my wonderful boyfriend, who has taken to my son, and is a great mentor for him as well.  And is always there for me, to remind me what a great mom I am - because I wasn't always.

To anyone who is new in sobriety, it does get better, and you get the gifts over and over as time goes on. 

Tomorrow, I get to just hang out with my son and enjoy a beautiful day...


Keep coming back.

Please check out my Facebook Page and follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment